Found this amazing article on Pinterest.com. I have copied out the parts I felt were most useful. I plan on updating this post once I have tested it for myself…. Let me know if you have tried this out!
A detox bath is one of the easiest healing therapies we can do to facilitate our body’s natural detoxification system. In today’s post I am going to tell you why you want to take a detox bath as well as show you how.
When metabolic waste from toxins builds up in our body, we get sick. It is important to enhance our body’s ability to detoxify and get rid of the waste, meanwhile minimizing our exposure to toxins. This is imperative for excellent health, as many of today’s modern diseases are related to toxicity.
A detox bath is one of the easiest healing therapies that can be done to facilitate and enhance our body’s natural detoxification process.
Typically, a detox bath is made with epsom salt also known as magnesium sulfate, which not only draws out toxins, but has health benefits of its own:
HOW TO DRAW A DETOX BATH
1. Add 2 cups epsom salt to a standard tub full of Hot water. If your tub is bigger, add more.
2. Ideally, you want the water quite hot as we are looking to create a nice sweat.
3. If your bath water is not filtered, add 1 cup of baking soda as this helps neutralize the chemicals, primarily chlorine, as well as increase mineral absorption.
4. Immerse yourself in the water, all the way up to your neck. You want as much of your body underwater as you can. Close your eyes, do some breathing exercises and soak for at least 20 minutes.
5. Once you are done soaking, rise out of the tub very slowly and cautiously. You may feel a little dizzy and light-headed, this will go away as you shower off quickly in cool water.
6. It is important not to use harsh soaps or shampoos as your pores are open and will just absorb the chemicals found in those products.
7. Once dry you can apply a natural moisturizer like body butter, shea butter or coconut oil and some aluminum-free deodorant, but again no lotions with perfumes, dyes or chemicals.
8. Do not eat immediately before or after taking a detox bath.
9. Instead hydrate yourself with filtered water before and after.
10. Allow time after your bath to rest and rejuvenate.